Are you an experienced public relations professional with experience in Business-to-Business communications? Portavoce PR is hiring a Senior Associate! Read more about the position and how to apply below:
Senior Associate Public Relations, Business-to-Business
Portavoce PR – Carlsbad, California
There is an opportunity to join our collaborative, nimble, creative PR agency, helping companies and brands find their voice via public relations, corporate communications and integrated communications campaigns.
Work in a fast-paced, positive office near the coast partnering with clients ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 clients in the health and fitness, technology, business to business, and consumer goods spaces.
We are seeking a Senior Associate with a specialty in Business-to-Business communications and public relations.
Keep reading IF:
You have led client accounts toward success and been a key contributor to your company’s growth, with your
strategic mindset and seasoned communications skills.
You have an eye for quality, setting the bar high as you lead account teams to execute dynamic programs that deliver business results for your clients.
Leading the day-to-day functions and colleagues, as well clients, gaining consensus across integrated teams and lines of business that are complex and diverse is your favorite thing to do.
You are friendly and receptive, recognizing that everyone has good ideas and individual skills which when utilized well will allow the account to work synergistically.
Sharing credit and giving praise is part of your daily routine and you believe that work can be fun and effective at the same time.
You would like to be part of a growing agency where there is an expectation to grow personally and professionally.
Here’s what the first 12 months might look like for our Ideal Candidate:
- See anything as possible and be able to apply past experience with practical strategies immediately.
- Learn the company messaging, service line and be 100% efficient on systems within first 30 days.
- Driven by the satisfaction of well-executed work, write case studies, bylines, articles, press releases and media materials within the first 3 weeks.
- By 30 days develop media strategies, tactical implementation plans and long-term communications programs for our clients.
- By 30 days are editing and proof reading written materials from team members.
- Within the first 45 days begin to co-manage a some of the firm’s largest client accounts.
- Invigorated by finding solutions to client’s business challenges as landscapes and dynamics change. By 90 days you’re 3 steps ahead for all of your clients.
- Ensure from day 1 there is always an ongoing focus on high-quality client work to maintain and increase firm’s track record of excellent client retention.
- By 4th month manage day to day work for 3 to 4 accounts.
- Within first 4 months is able to recognize when it’s time to accelerate the pace during high-growth periods, and capitalize on the less demanding periods to regroup and refresh.
- By month 6, manage accounts so well that you have time to help coach associates to think strategically and to encourage continuous improvement and efficiency.
- By month 6, articulate and document agency best practices in order to create consistency and quality across account teams as the agency grows.
- By month 9 look to grow and generate ideas by contributing to new business development efforts and expanding existing client relationships.
- By 12th month begin to attract new clients and develop programs that meet their business objectives and deliver high quality results.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited university with a study focus on communications, public relations, marketing or journalism
- 4+ years of experience in public relations, communications or corporate communications roles at agencies or corporations
- History representing or working for enterprise clients and or business-to-business (B2B) brands
- Proven experience developing strategic, integrated communications programs and overseeing the tactical implementation of them
- Well-practiced project management skills with experience leading others to realize positive project outcomes in an efficient and timely manner
- Superb writing skills and a history of developing complex written pieces including case studies, by-lined articles and papers, as well as traditional media materials
- Excellent verbal communications skills that you use to maintain an enriching, mutually-respectful relationship with clients and team members
Requirements: Must reside or be willing to reside in San Diego County and be willing to participate in a background check before accepting position.
Portavoce PR offers full-time employees healthcare and dental insurance, 401k and profit sharing, mandatory vacations, as well as company-sponsored disability insurance and other health/wellness perks!
To apply, please send your resume to jobs@PortavocePR.com and any relevant work samples or projects you are proud of.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use complex repetitive motions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position. Additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: Portavoce PR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.