Are you behind the eight ball on your brand’s holiday marketing efforts? With just 62 days until Christmas, long-lead magazine gift guides are currently on newsstands and short-lead product promotion is locked in for the rest of the year. According to PR Daily, the window of opportunity to secure editorial media coverage for this holiday gift-giving season is all but closed.
However, with more than 50% of holiday buying done online, there are still opportunities to make an impact on holiday shoppers. Here are 3 things you can do right now to promote your holiday products:
- Send product samples to bloggers: With shorter lead times than magazines and digital media outlets, bloggers post content on their own schedule. Consider sending bloggers who align with your audience product samples to review. Bloggers still have time to compile their own gift guides or product round-ups and can incorporate your product into their content. To extend the life of the product promotion to bloggers’ social channels, supply them with reader discount codes – which also helps to track engagement and redemption. Lastly, consider providing giveaway products so bloggers can engage their audiences with contests and chances to win!
- Social media like crazy: Sponsored content is a low-cost tactic that, when done correctly, can generate huge ROI. According to Lyfe Marketing, 79% of American internet users are on Facebook, yet only 2% of web visitors make a purchase on their first visit. Consider retargeted Facebook ads to convert that remaining 98%. Alternatively, highly-targeted sponsored content utilizing discount codes and special offers are enticing ways to convert new customers.
- Create and promote your own holiday gift guide: So you missed the window for Glamour’s “must-have” holiday gift list. Create your own gift list to use in your last-minute holiday marketing efforts. Compile a short, thematic guide of your best products or select items from your brand’s most-viewed product web pages, then cross-market the guide across your social, web and e-mail platforms. “Ten gifts for your in-laws who have it all” never sounded so good!
If your product is relevant during other peak sales seasons, consider saving some resources for marketing outside of the holiday season. For example, the “new year, new you” season in the first quarter of the next year is filled with opportunity for fitness and wellness brands to capture attention after the end-of-year gifting season ends.