Public Relations Intern (Part-time) – Carlsbad, California
Portavoce Public Relations is seeking a Public Relations Intern who will contribute to the success of client campaigns. With your ambition to excel in the field of public relations, you will become an integral part of the Portavoce team as we all strive to deliver excellent client service. Work in a fun and fast-paced environment while you learn about the core tactics and skills of public relations that will provide a great start to your career.
The Ideal Candidate
Your positive attitude and energy makes everyone smile and serves as the fuel for your excellent work ethic. You enjoy learning about new subjects, brands and companies as you flex your creative muscles and learn the ropes of public relations. Hungry to learn the art of public relations, you are always asking, “What’s next?” and are always ready to help. As you learn the client’s business, you’ll share the pride in their products and services as if they were your own and celebrate each client success you help to create. In addition, you’ll also:
- Be meticulously organized
- Have strong writing and proofreading skills, knowing that the foundation of all good communications are the right words
- Be open to coaching and open-minded, able to collaborate with teammates
- Be resourceful and come up with solutions independently, yet demonstrate good judgment and recognize when it’s time to ask for guidance
It’s essential that you have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity and understand the importance of even the smallest details. You will learn each of our clients’ businesses and products. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Creating and researching media lists
- Draft media materials including pitch letters, media alerts and product briefs for select accounts
- Creating social media posts for Portavoce PR and its clients
- Staging social media posts in Hootsuite
- Shadowing client conference calls or meetings
- Staging media releases in Cision for distribution
- Assist with Portavoce PR agency marketing
- Organize, quantify and prepare media results and present the results in power point presentations, excel docs and PDF
- Assist with monthly client activity reports
In turn, you’ll receive training on media databases and tools common to the PR industry, coaching on public relations methods and tactics and will learn how to apply them. The company will support any efforts needed to acquire academic credit for internship hours as desired.
- Matriculated at university/college or recently graduated in relevant area of study (communications, public relations, marketing, journalism)
- Prior experience interning in a professional environment
- Digital skills: Microsoft Office software, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootesuite), WordPress, file sharing
Requirements: Must be willing to participate in a background check before accepting position.
About Portavoce PR
Portavoce Public Relations helps companies and brands find their voice via public relations, corporate communications and integrated communications campaigns. The agency is located in coastal Carlsbad and serves clients in health and fitness, technology, business to business, and consumer goods. Going beyond clicks and likes, Portavoce PR delivers traditional, earned media coverage that creates business results for our clients.
The internship is a part-time position that is paid hourly. As an hourly position, paid vacation and benefits are not provided but you can enjoy all the Keurig k-cups and chocolate you’d like, with the occasional free lunch!
To apply please send your resume to Jobs@PortavocePR.com and relevant work samples or projects you are proud of.