Manager – Client Services, Business-to-Business
Portavoce PR – Carlsbad, California
Job Location – Flexible location or hybrid in-person/remote
Portavoce Public Relations is seeking a Manager with a specialty in Business-to-Business communications and public relations. With your strategic mindset and seasoned communications skills you will lead client accounts toward success and contribute to agency growth. Your diligence and eye for quality will set the bar as you lead account teams to execute dynamic programs that deliver business results for clients. The leadership skills you’ve demonstrated will be put to work day-to-day as you lead team members, as well clients, gaining consensus across integrated teams and lines of business that are complex and diverse. As you mature as a leader, be a part of a growing and successful agency where there is a positive, pleasant culture and opportunity to grow.
The Ideal Candidate
You see anything as possible and match that with a sound focus on practical strategies. You find pride and satisfaction in well-executed work and coach others to meet the same standards while striving for continuous improvement and efficiency. Finding solutions to client’s business challenges is invigorating for you, yet you won’t hesitate to change and adapt when you recognize the dynamics have changed.
Friendly and receptive, you are a collaborator who recognizes that everyone has ideas and skills that make the account team stronger when it’s working as an integrated team. Sharing credit and giving praise is part of your daily routine and you believe that work can be fun and effective at the same time. Ambition to grow and succeed will fuel you as you organically grow existing accounts and kick-start new client relationships.
In addition you’ll also have:
- Proven experience developing strategic, integrated communications programs and overseeing the tactical implementation of them
- Well-practiced time and project management skills with experience leading others to realize positive project outcomes in an efficient and timely manner
- Superb writing skills and a history of developing complex written pieces including case studies, by-lined articles and papers, as well as traditional media materials and blogs
- Excellent verbal communications skills that you use to maintain an enriching, mutually respectful relationship with clients and team members
- Creative ideas that are rooted in sound public relations practices
- Developing media strategies, tactical implementation plans and long-term communications programs
- Onboarding new clients and executing programs that meet their business objectives and deliver results within the budget
- Coaching, managing and training internal team members and external contractors and vendors.
- Writing high-level written pieces including case studies, by-lined articles and papers
- Editing and proof reading written materials from other team members
- Media relations outreach to national and business media, as well as trade outlets
- Create and oversee client and project budgets
- Contribute to the development of a metrics-based result reporting method for clients
- Articulate and document agency best practices in order to create consistency and quality across account teams as the agency grows
- Graduate of an accredited university with a study focus on communications, public relations, marketing or journalism
- 4+ years of experience in public relations, communications or corporate communications roles at agencies or corporations
- History representing or working for enterprise clients and or business-to-business (B2B) brands required
- Stellar references that validate your leadership skills and writing acumen
Requirements: Must be willing to participate in a background check before accepting position.
About Portavoce PR
Focused solely on business-to-business markets, Portavoce PR works with marketers to commercialize mission-critical products and solutions for enterprise applications. We specialize in positioning complex, highly engineered solutions among customers, influencers and key stakeholders. Rooted in customer-centric, outcomes-oriented storytelling, Portavoce PR creates and implements omni-channel integrated communications strategies that help companies generate leads, shorten sales cycles and reach their sales goals. Clients include start-ups, privately-owned and public companies in manufacturing, robotics, enterprise software, industrial equipment and technology.
Work with Us – The Portavocini Way
At Portavoce, we’re passionate about turning our clients’ marketing dreams into a reality, and that requires trust, dedication, teamwork and flexibility. Portavoce PR is a 60/40 remote agency, meaning employees have the option to work three days per week in the office and the other two remotely, or full-time at Portavoce PR headquarters. Employees who take advantage of remote work options are responsible to ensure that their work environment is distraction-free and free from background noise during work time.
The agency is located in Carlsbad Village (Greater San Diego, California) and offers full-time employees healthcare and dental insurance, 401k and profit sharing after 1 year of employment, as well as company-sponsored disability insurance and other wellness and remote-worker subsidies.
Portavoce PR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
To apply, please send your resume to jobs@PortavocePR.com and any relevant work samples or projects you are proud of.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least seventy-five percent (75%) of the time
- Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time
- Frequently work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to access the computer to perform program tests
- May occasionally move from one work location to another
- Public contact position requiring appropriate business-like apparel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use complex repetitive motions
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position
- Additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee