Public Relations Coordinator, Portavoce Public Relations
Portavoce Public Relations is seeking a Public Relations Coordinator who will collaborate with our team to grow the agency and contribute to the success of client campaigns. With your ambition to excel you will become an integral part of the Portavoce PR team as we all strive to up the agency’s game. Work in a fun and fast-paced environment that often requires same-day responses and 24-hour turnarounds.
The Ideal Candidate
Your positive attitude and infectious energy make everyone smile and serves as the fuel for your excellent work ethic. You aren’t afraid to try new things as you flex your creative muscles to come up with ideas that break through the news clutter. Hungry to hone your public relations skills you are always asking “What’s next?” and managing up to garner the feedback and input you need to bring each project to fruition on deadline. You have strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with journalists on behalf of clients. As a Public Relations Coordinator, you’ll tackle the challenge of placing news stories in the competitive media environment with optimism and curiosity.
As you learn each client’s business, you’ll share the pride in their products and services as if they were your own and celebrate each client success you help to create. In addition you’ll also:
- be meticulously organized even when chaos surrounds you
- have strong writing and proofreading skills – the foundation of all good communications
- work in a focused, self-motivated manner while showing that you are solutions-oriented
- demonstrate an independent work ethic, good judgment and resourcefulness
- present yourself with the utmost professionalism when corresponding with clients, journalists, associates and vendors
Collaborate with the team as we build a solid foundation for each client project. That starts with thoroughly researched information relevant to the client’s lines of business and media opportunities. Drawing on your creativity, you’ll use your excellent writing skills to craft media pitches that articulate the clients core messages and unique brand differentiators.
- Prepare press release and media materials for distribution, gather and organize complementary visuals and ensure that all the pieces of the story come together in a flawless and appealing package for journalists.
- Conduct media relations with national, regional, trade and local media.
- Apply your solid writing skills across many platforms, including client e-mail marketing, press releases, pitch letters and more.
- Oversee project timelines and media deadlines
- Master client subject matter and assess daily news inquiries and cycles to identify opportunities to generate news coverage.
- Utilize social media know-how and the latest social media platforms to support and amplify clients’ social media campaigns as needed.
- Track media results daily and compile thorough, accurate results and activity reports for clients on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university within a relevant area of study (communications, public relations, marketing, journalism)
- Strong intern experience in the field; previous PR Coordinator experience a plus
- Digital skills: Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), WordPress, MailChimp, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Hootsuite)
- Experience with Cision media database is preferred
About Portavoce PR
Focused solely on business-to-business markets, Portavoce PR is an award-winning agency that works with marketers to commercialize mission-critical products and solutions for enterprise applications. We specialize in positioning complex, highly-engineered solutions among customers, influencers and key stakeholders. Rooted in customer-centric, outcomes-oriented storytelling, we create and implement omnichannel integrated communications strategies that help companies generate leads, shorten sales cycles and reach their sales goals.
The agency is located in coastal Carlsbad and offers full-time employees healthcare and dental insurance, 401k and profit sharing, as well as company-sponsored disability insurance and other health/wellness subsidies.
Portavoce PR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
To apply, please send your resume to jobs (at) PortavocePR (dot) com and any relevant work samples or projects you are proud of.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel by car, plane or train, including out-of-state trips.
- Indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations, and temperature changes at least seventy-five percent (75%) of the time
- Frequent computer use at workstation up to two hours at a time
- Frequently work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions
- Responsibilities occasionally may require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to access the computer to perform program tests
- May occasionally move from one work location to another
- Public contact position requiring appropriate business-like apparel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stoop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, talk, hear, see and use complex repetitive motions
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material and the ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The information contained in the job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by this position
- Additional duties may be assigned by the Supervisor or his/her designee
# # #